I see I haven’t posted here in almost a year. Like a lot of people, I’ve been a tad distracted, and not busy enough writing. A quick list of what’s happened:
1. Post-election freakout and obsession over the direction my country is headed in. It’s been taking up a lot of headspace.
2. Participation in the Women’s March on January 21. I was awake for almost 24 hours straight. I’m still amazed at the experience.
3. A trip to a resort in the Caribbean that I would never have been able to afford on my own.
4. Dealing with the aftermath of my significant other’s severe ski injury right after getting back from #3, plus the resulting money concerns that are ongoing.
5. The death of one of my beloved pets, which is still too painful to write about.
6. The completion of a story on roller derby that is appearing in issue #49 of Weird NJ. This involved a lot of travel around the state, and I learned a lot about an amazing community of people.
7. The completion of two online writing classes; one on weird fiction and another on writing into the body. I fear I’ve been too distracted by other things to have participated the way I should have.
There’s more, too. I could have been blogging like mad about any of it, but I’m having a hard time getting enthusiastic about writing…and many other things.
But for now, at least there’s this, right?
6 thoughts on “A year of not posting”
I always have enjoyed your writing. Keep blogging. Lori
I’m glad you’re back here!
Welcome back! Life comes before blogging but it seems you have been busy living and marching. I hope things are getting better for you by now. Cheers!
Thank you! It’s getting a bit better.
Nice to hear from you!